No one likes being sick.
But there is a lot of confusion and misunderstanding about being sick.
As children, we’re supposed to get sick a little.
It shouldn’t get severe.
But getting sick is how we build a strong immune system.
Actually, childhood illnesses such as chicken pox has been shown to have cancer protective benefits.
Getting sick is also a cleaning up process.
Have you ever thought about why the following are so good for our health:
What do these three things mimic?
When we’re sick, we get a fever.
The heat of a fever burns up pathogens (and children are shown to be smarter after fever).
Sauna mimics this (and has other great health benefits as well).
When we’re sick, we don’t want to eat.
Digestion takes a lot of energy, and during fasting the body starts chewing up any tissue not serving it’s purpose and a lot of healing takes place.
This is an important function to stay in, or regain, homeostasis.
When we’re sick, we want to rest and sleep a lot.
A lot of healing happens during sleep, which is one of the reasons we spend 1/3 of our lives doing it.
And a lot of people are sleep deprived nowadays…
Can you see how getting sick is sometimes the body just trying to regain balance?
This does NOT mean you have to get sick.
This DOES mean there are healthy habits you can use to stay healthy by providing the right environment for your body.
So yes, things such as sauna, fasting, and proper sleep are very important.
But then there are further steps and considerations:
* Cutting out sugar (and processed foods) – notice how much sugar is consumed during the time that is considered “cold and flu” season? (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s Eve…). Sugar decreases immune function by half for 5-12 hours after consumption.
* Get 8 hours of sleep per night – don’t make your body force you to slow down (getting sick is your body trying to get you into parasympathetics and slow down).
* Take the right nutrients:
* Vitamin D3 decreases at this time because the rays of the sun are at a different angle (and most people are already deficient in this to begin with). Vitamin D3 is a key immune regulator, and it has to be with vitamin K2 and magnesium. The only vitamin D3 I use is from Systemic Formulas (their DV3 product).
* Vitamin C is another key immune supporter, along with a whole slew of other health benefits. And if the vitamin C comes with sugar, the sugar negates the hoped for effect here.
* Handling stress – high stress levels cause inflammation to go up and immune function takes a hit. There are stressors we can’t eliminate, for those, find something that works for you. This can be anything from EFT Tapping to meditation, yoga, journaling, etc.
So no, there is no time of year where you have to get sick.
And if you happen to be someone who gets sick as soon as anyone around you is, start taking the above steps!
Click the button below for more tips how to decrease toxins in your home for free